Saturday, February 14, 2009

I am ill. And I have been watching films day long for the past few days, one after the other.
I am directing action thrillers in my sleep and it's exhausting because nobody is doing anything right in my dream and therefore, I am frantically darting across from one frame to another, trying to make it work. It is all in frames. Every single event is in a separate frame. My entire dream is thus, in frames so I also end up feeling pretty claustrophobic.
Also, these days the action in films gives me shivers.
I have never felt uncomfortable, even for the slightest bit watching action films no matter how grotesque they get.Wrist-breaking, neck twisting, axe-beheading, blood, gore, amputation for non-medical reasons-name it I'm fine with it.
There was this one really bad film I saw called The Hills Have Eyes and I thoroughly enjoyed it.
But the ones I've been watching lately, they tend to show stuff that I imagine, myself.
Like in The Dark Knight, Batman throws this fellow off the roof and he lands on his feet so his bones break.
Aaah..
Now that is stuff I imagine happening to me if I fell.

I am feeling very unwell.
I spent half an hour last night lying flat on the bathroom floor trying to throw up but I couldn't.
I have taken a bath and worn good clothes in order to make myself feel better.
And now, I want to go out somewhere.
But I have been left home alone.

It is Chintu-Pintu's birthday today.
Happy Birthday to them.

5 comments:

Xiamaze said...

its not their birthday today.
shut up

Trish. said...

they havent croaked yet?

Rajasee Ray said...

i also imagine falling on my legs and breaking them. many times. i also imagine getting an arrow in my eye. eyes are the scariest always.
especially when hemu gets an arrow in his eye and dies in panipat.
one night, no it was 6 in the morning, i went to sleep leaving my door unbolted(is that a word?) because i was getting strange tingling jitters in my arms and hands and fingers and i had cut myself with an old pair of scissors and i was afraid of getting tetanus.
i knew i wouldn't but i kept the door unbolted all the same. so people could come in you know.

Xiamaze said...

FREAK.

Rajasee Ray said...

also cars swerving off hairpin bends. i imagined a lot of those this weekend.