Sunday, June 04, 2006

Child fantasies

I wanted to be good at everything when i was small.You know come first every term, draw the best,run the fastest and whenever there was something new that i came across,i imagined myself to be the best at that as well.It sounds so stupid. And even more cause all of this never happened.I can't draw for nuts....but sometimes my mountains turn out sort of pretty and then i get very happy.I could never paint properly.I simply ended up playing with poster paints and water colours.Because invariably i spoiled whatever i had made and would then sit with a thick brush and just colour the entire thing anyway i liked.It eventually turned out to be nothing.Just one something that didn't look all that bad.I threw it anyway.But the fun part was washing the palette cause then all sorts of colours were formed.
I don't run the fastest.I run better than some decent people but still,i'm not that good.I don't remember if i ever felt sad that i couldn't do all of this as a kid.
But now i really don't care.I still wish i could do a lot of things but then it really doesn't matter that much.I'll maybe give some of the things a try.Could start with jogging for more than 15 mins at a stretch.

7 comments:

Rajasee Ray said...

Is this reminiscence season?

What fun!

i used to try and be the best at everything too. art, sports, music, essay-writing...

in fact i evevn got that written in my report "tries to excel in everything she does" class v.

notice the "tries"?

i used to get that "unjustice" feeling a lot, do you remember?

me the great... it was. i was such a bad girl.

what fun!!!

Unknown said...

oooh haha.. this post reminds me of middle school.
I never "wanted to be good at everything" when i was younger. I just "assumed" that I was- but thats just an exscuse for not trying right?

no wonder..
hmm..
im gonna write a reminiscent post too.

Rajasee Ray said...

where's ur reminiscent post, jahnavi...???

Rajasee Ray said...

you've ben tagged. find out what to do by going to my blog...

Unknown said...

i still havent written a reminiscent post. i lost that mood.

Unknown said...

i dont think im a very reminiscent-y person

Xiamaze said...

i dont knw wat ur talkin abt here apurva and everyone else...
you knw why?
it becuz...
I AM GOOD AT EVERYTHING!

hah.